Test Your Vocabulary

Read the text below and fill in the gaps with suitable words.

“A Visit to Paris”

Last year I visited Paris. It was a present ____________(1) won in “Spell It Right Competition”. I came out as ____________(2) champion. So, my trip to Paris was fully sponsored ____________(3) New Straits Time.
I arrived at Paris airport at 9.00 o’clock in the morning. It was summer ___________(4) the temperature was seventeen degree Celsius. I was not used to it. So, I put on a black leather jacket that my uncle ____________(5) for me.
After I picked my luggage, I had to __________(6) past the immigration. They checked my luggage and welcomed me to Paris.
As I was leaving the immigration, I _________(7) a tall blonde man holding a big card with my name on it. I approached him and ____________(8) myself.
He said to me;”Bonjour mamoiselle Zakiah. I am Pierre Aston”
“Bonjour”, I ___________(9) in my funny accent.
Pierre gave me a sincere smile and ushered me to a limousine waiting outside the airport. Pierre, drove _________________(10)through the cosmopolitan city.