My New Found Hobby


I have found a hobby which is very satisfying.Let me give you a clue.It is a common hobby shared by pensioners.(but I have 14 years before I leave my profession)It is none other than gardening.
Since I own small patches of lands in front and on the left side of my house,I began to indulge in this hobby.At first I thought gardening would not burn a hole in my pocket.But after a few visits to nurseries nearby, I was stunned by the fact that most of the plants and flowers were highly priced.An orchid was priced at RM18 while a hibiscus was priced at R28. A bonsai could go up to RM20 000 or even higher depending on its age.Wow!As I love bonsai so much,I just closed one eye and followed what my heart desired. I purchased a small one at RM200.I would love to see it growing to the size I envisage.
Early March this year,a National Landscape Exhibition was held at Hutan Bandar Johor Bahru.I didn't miss the golden opportunity and bought a dozen of young orchids.Now,just a couple of days before Hari Raya ,one of the orchids has produced its first bloom. It is so beautiful that I cannot take my eyes off it. All my care and undivided devotion has proven to be fruitful.

Comments