Book Again?

Hi, sorry mate.Reading is my hobby.So I am never bored talking about books.This blog provides me an opportunity I have been deprived off since I left secondary school.There was a group of us in secondary school who loved reading books.We used to retell the story we read to each other.We criticised the characters in the story as if they were real people.We also made a harsh comment on the book cover.We read all types of books;thriller,romance, adventure and so on.
Recently,I read "The Undomestic Goddess" written by Sophie Kinsella.Samantha Sweeting is one of the best lawyers in the country.Yet she has made a horrendous mistake that costs her firm 50 million pounds.She panics and runs away.This is the part I don't really like.Why must she run away?Guess where does she go to? She goes to a rural area and gets herself into a huge house.She is mistaken as the housekeeper the owner is waiting for.There she learns to be a conventional woman.She learns how to cook and clean the house.She also meets her dream man there.To make the story short,one day she discovers that she has been cheated by a colleague who is supposed to defend her.Suddenly,she turns into an iron lady.She goes back to her firm to clear her name and reputation.The story plot seems like a Mills and Boon but the message that Kinsella is trying to deliver has caught my attention.She makes a woman to reconsider her roles in the society.
In our quest for advancement in our career,we tend to take things around us for granted.On numeral occassions when I was so tied up doing my school work, my youngest son fell asleep on my feet.Meanwhile,my third son, who is now in year two, is not showing progress in his studies.I even forgot my 16th.wedding anniversary and realised about it when I visited my daughter.She bought a cake for us.Terrible.
Thanks Kinsella for reminding me.

Comments

  1. My wife is a teacher too.I helped her typing and so on.Many times I have to tell her to have a rest.She always forgets where she puts her things.Our anniversary?I made the first effort.I am always the first to wish her.I just hope her students appreciate her endless efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aminnnnnnnnnnnn

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment