I do not enjoy shopping.

Twenty years ago, I asked my friends, “Is there any service whereby I can just shop for things by giving a call? My friends gave me a scornful look as if I have requested for something from Mars.

Then some years later, customer can request for services and order certain goods via the yellow pages. I was among the few people who were comfortable using yellow pages. I had to search through the pages, find the phone number and make a quick call. So every month, I had the shop assistant delivering gas to my house and the fast food outlet to deliver delicious fried chicken. (I was very grateful to the delivery boy especially when I ran out of chicken meat and unexpected guests were on the way.) All these services were of course expensive! So I had to check my wallet before I made any calls. The services must be paid on delivery.

When credit cards were made available to more selected groups of people and the internet started to be a hit, e-commerce slowly developed. Thus, at the beginning of the new millennium, e-commerce invaded the global market. It is now known as online marketing where selling and buying take place virtually. I have been using this service from time to time. I have bought books, dresses and scarfs. I received all the goods I have ordered on the date promised .The goods have been so far in good condition.

Yet, I haven’t got the confidence to buy shoes online because they must fit my feet perfectly and comfortable to walk in. Another problem is, I still have to go shopping for groceries at the market. What should I do? I do not enjoy shopping. It’s tiring and time consuming.


p/s I am not a lazy person. It's just that I don't like to waste my time shopping. I think my husband is grateful that I am not a shopaholic.

Comments