Mid-Year School Holidays




Extra Classes during school holiday has become a practice in most schools in Malaysia. As a teacher, I am happy to contribute as I have not planned to go anywhere this holiday. Some teachers may not be happy because they have prior plans and holidays are the only time they can spend more time with their family members.Some may need to look after old parents. After all, teachers are also mothers/fathers,daughters/sons, husbands/wives, neighbours and members of society.

Since my daughter who happens to be the eldest is going to sit for SPM at the end of the year,I prefer to let her rest at home.Perhaps I will take her out shopping for a new dress for the coming festival "Eidul Fitri".

For my 10 and 8 year-old-sons, I have scheduled some activities for them. Other than attending tae-kwan-do classes, they are going to learn to recite Al-Quran more intensively, do some leisure reading and make some science experiments.

For their big brother who is 14 years old, I am going to put him on a special diet.He needs to learn to eat balance meal.It must consist of carbohydrate, protein and lots of vegetables.Mmm...so I can try new recipes and feed him.

Whatever it is, I hope this school holiday will be spent on doing something worthwhile.

p/s I have so many things to do.