Voice conferencing?Video conferencing?Skype?

In the early nineties, a BBC TV newscaster reported about a great Japanese invention.

"You can talk and see the person you are talking to on the phone".

Then, a phone with a big screen was shown on air.

I was amazed!I really hope that it would be in the market.

When my brother did his PHD in UK, we kept in touch with each other via video-conferencing.My kids were excited talking to him. We could see his room and we could see the effect of British food on him.Even though we are thousand miles apart, I had only paid a small amount for the internet usage.Phone bills would have been very costly.

Now ...there are so many ways to get connected.Skype is the latest.Recently, when my sister who is residing in Johor Bahru and family were at my house, we had the opportunity to talk to our sister in Kuala Lumpur through skype. We save a lot of money by doing so.The most important thing is we get closer.

Comments